PyCon UK's Statement on Diversity and Conduct
Happily, PyCon UK is a diverse community who maintain a reputation as a friendly, welcoming and dynamic group.
We trust that attendees will treat each other in a way that reflects the widely held view that diversity and friendliness are strengths of our community to be celebrated and fostered.
Furthermore, we believe attendees have a right to:
- be treated with courtesy, dignity and respect;
- be free from any form of discrimination, victimisation, harassment or bullying;
- enjoy an environment free from unwelcome behaviour, inappropriate language and unsuitable imagery.
If problems covered by this code of conduct arise, please contact a PyCon UK organiser directly and in private. You can contact a female organiser on 07743 352447, and a male organiser on 07933 737922.
Any complaint will remain confidential, be taken seriously, investigated, and dealt with appropriately.
PyCon UK reserves the right to carry out any of the following actions relating to a complaint:
- The person concerned may be told to stop/modify their behaviour appropriately and a warning will be issued.
- The person concerned may be warned that enforcement action may be taken if the behaviour continues.
- The person concerned may be asked to leave the venue immediately and/or will be prohibited from continuing to attend PyCon UK (without reimbursement).
- The incident may be reported to the Police.
(This document is released under a creative commons license.)