FIDO: The dog ate my password
Passwords are a pain for us all - programmers, users and admins alike. How can we reduce that pain, or eliminate it entirely?
This talk will
- Introduce Universal Authentication Framework (UAF) & Universal Second Factor (U2F)
- Describe how they streamline authentication, even eliminate passwords entirely
- Show how to integrate UAF/U2F into a Django web application
- Summarize the state of support for UAF & U2F in browsers, devices, and the wider world
As an audience member you will
- Learn how to implement seamless authentication
- Gain a sense of hope, that you never have type
This talk is a condensed version of Taking the pain out of passwords and authentication, first presented at EuroPython 2015.