Leadership of Technical Teams
Over the years, I've led, and been a member of, numerous technical teams on a wide variety of projects. Based on that experience, this talk will describe my observations on the role of the leader in that sort of team.
The talk will be in 5 sections:
- Introduction - A bit about my background so you can judge whether to bother staying for the rest.
- Authority - Where it comes from and the challenges you might face depending on the answer.
- Priorities - What should you be focussing upon?
- Style - There are many leadership styles, but what's yours and what's appropriate for technical teams?
- Process - What's your role in defining and managing process?
The slides for this talk are available from my website: http://www.owencampbell.me.uk/docs/pyconuk2015.pdf
They were prepared using LaTeX and the code is available at Github: https://github.com/meatballs/pyconuk2015